Current Size: 100%
Skip to main content
Government of Punjab, India
(1) Adoption under Customary Law in the Punjab.
(2) Essentials of a valid adoption.
(3) Nature of customary adoption in the eastern parts of the Punjab (old Delhi territory).
(4) An agnate generally preferred though not the nearest agnate.
(5) Adoption of daughter's son under Hindu law as modified by custom in the Punjab.
(6) Right of male proprietors to adopt.
(7) Adoption by a widow with authorization of husband.
(8) An heir appointed under the customary law ordinarily does not lose his right to succeed to property in his natural family, a s a gain st collaterals of his natural father, but does succeed in the presence of his natural brothers.
(9)Succession to adopted SON.
(10)Acquiescence is adopter.- principle of estoppels.
(11)The Punjab Limitation (Custom) Act, 1920.
Shri. Gurpreet Singh Kangar
Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Revenue, Rehabilitation and Disaster Mangement
Shri. Viswajeet Khanna, IAS