1. All Tehsildars (Sales) in the State.
2. Naib Tehsildars (Sales) Patiala and Sangrur.
No.21436-46/G-7 dated Jalandhar the 22nd September 1972.
Sub : Filing of claims for allotment of lands by non-existent persons.
It has come to the notice of Government that many claims are being revived for compensation on behalf of persons who are either non-existent or did not migrate from Pakistan to India. This has resulted in wide spread vitiation of the atmosphere in the Department. The Government have reasons to suspect that many undesirable elements are operating in the Department with the active connivance of the officials. The Government intends to put down all types of mal practices in the Department with a heavy hand. Consequently, the following decisions have been taken for strict compliance by all concerned in the Department :
(1) No application whatsoever should be entertained unless it is presented by the claimant personally.
(2) In case the application is presented through a counsel, he must be equipped with a Wakalat name duly signed by the claimant himself. The counsel must also attach with the Wakalatnama an affidavit of the applicant duly attested on the identification of the counsel himself to the effect that the applicant is a genuine person.
(3) Where any application is presented on behalf of a dead claimant by some person (s) who claim to be his successors-in-interest, they should be asked to attach alongwith the application a certified copy of a declaration issued by a competent court in their favour.
2. A copy of this order should be displayed on the office board for the information of the public.
3. The receipt of this communication should be acknowledged.
Deputy Secretary (Reh) & Dy,. Chief
Settlement Commissioner for the State of Punjab