Sub : Transfer of urban evacuee land being used for residential, commercial purpose on the basis of possession since 1/1/1977- extension of last date for application to 20/2/1977.
1. By a press note dated December 24, 1973 applications were invited from the unauthorized occupants of unsold urban evacuee properties for transfer thereof, on the basis of possession from January 1, 1970. Subsequently, another Press Note was issued on October 1, 1974 fixing October 31, 1974, as the last date for the receipt of such applications.
2. The available urban evacuee properties viz. houses, shops, building plots, sites or agricultural land as are being used for residential, commercial or industrial purposes, comprise Package Deal Properties transferred to the State Government in the Package Deal of 1963; and administrative and financial arrangement properties taken over from the Central Government, during 1970. The disposal of these 2 types of the properties, is govern by two different legislations namely , the Punjab Package Deal Properties (Disposal) Act of 1976, and the Displaced Persons (Compensation & Rehabilitation) Act of 1954 and the Rules framed thereunder. Since the earlier two Press Notes were issued under some executive instructions, it is notified for the information of the general public that applications already made by the unauthorized occupants of urban evacuee properties in pursuance of the aforesaid Press Notes, shall be deemed to have been made under this Press Note, for the purposes of disposal thereof under the provisions of the relevant Act and the rules framed thereunder. Likewise, the applications received after October 31, 1974 , will be deemed to have been made under this Press Note. Further, it has been decided to give another opportunity to the unauthorized occupants, who have hitherto not been able to apply for the transfer of the properties occupied by them, for one reason or the other. Such occupants are advised to apply to the Assistant Settlement Officer (Sales)-cum-Managing Officer, Rehabilitation Department, Punjab, 664- Model Town, Jalandhar by February 28, 1977, in the prescribed form, obtainable from his office, free of cost. Each application shall be accompanied by court fee stamp or Postal Order of Rs. 1/- as the case may be, and an affidavit , duty attested by a Magistrate Ist Class or Notary Public or an Oath Commissioner certifying the contents of the application.
3. Only such unauthorized occupants of urban evacuee property as were in possession of the same, on or before January 1, 1970 shall be eligible for the transfer thereof, provided :
4. The terms and conditions of the transfer of these properties, have already been laid down, separately. The interested persons may ascertain the same from the office of the Settlement Officer (Urban) 665- Model Town , Jalandhar or the office of the Tehsildar (Sales)-cum-Managing Officer/ Naib Tehsildar (Sales)-cum-Managing Officer of the district concerned.
5. This Press Note has been issued under the directions of the State Government in so far as the Package Deal Properties are concerned, and the Chief Settlement Commissioner in sofar as the Administrative and Financial Arrangment properties are concerned.
Dated 2/2/1977 Issued by the Rehabilitation Department