3.48 Inspection of records of pat wari and grant of certified extracts therefrom (land Revenue Rule 71) - (i) The partwari shall allow any one interested to inspect his records and to take notes therfrom in pencil in his presence.He shall give to applicants his diary a note of the inspection allowed and extracts given. The following charges shall be made:-
|Nature of work
|A-Copies or extracts From
|Jamabandhi including extracts called for by courts or officers in connection with the preparation of abstracts of yields
|60 Paise per Khatauni holdingup to 8 holdings and above that number 15 paise for every additional holding.
|Inspection notes attached to Jamabandis.
|(a) For the first 200 words or under, Rs 1.15 Paise
|Copy of pending mutation
|(b) For every additional 100 words or fraction therof 60 Paise
|Interrogatories in pending mutations
|Counterfoil of mutation sheets
|As for serial no. 1
|Farad Haqiat consisting of names of proprietors (or occupancy tenants), total total number of fields,area,land revenue and rates and sesses
|A fixe charge of 60 Paise irrespective of the number of khewats
|List of co-shares of proprietary or occupancy holdings
|Rs.1.15 Paise for each application
|(i) Geneological trees of land holders, occupancy tenants or muqarritars
|As per serial No. 2
|(ii) Statement of wells and other sources of irragation
|(iii) List of pensions and assignments
|(a)Naqsha haquq Jandrat wa panchaki
|(b)Fard Bachh or that dhal batchh(Asamiwar)
|Rs.1.15 Paise for each application provided that each application shall be limited to not more than two haravests. (No fees being charged if copies are required for recovery of arrears of land revenue)
|(c) Demand statement (canal)
|Rs.1.15 Paise for each application
|(v) Traqa bachh and
|As per serial No.2
|(vi) Orders of Settlement Officers
|Khasra Girdawari including extracts from Khasra Girdarwari called for by country or officers in connection with the preparation of 5 yearly abstracts of yields
|60 Paise for entries in a single volume relating to one field and 30 Paise for each additional field
|60 Paise for each entry made on one subject on any one date
|60 Paise for first ten fields or under and 30 paise for every additional 4 fields or part therof
|Statement of grazing dues
|Rs 1.15 Paise for each application no fee being charged if copies are required by lamberdars for recovery of arrears of grazging dues and Chakidari tax.
|Extracts from Chowkidars assesments list
|Statement contained in village note
|60 paise per statement irrespecitve of years
|Abstract of quinquennial averge of mutation
|Rs. 2.25 paise per statement
|Fard taqsim (list of allottees of colony land)
|Rs 1.15 paise per rectangle
|Cost price of the book plus 15 paise per Khatauni holding
|B - INSPECTIONS
|Inspection of papers relating to one quinquennium including relevant entries of the mutation registers
|Fixed charges of Rs. 1.15 paise for each inspection
|C-PREPARATION PLANS AND TRACINGS
|Tracing of field map
|15 paiseper each field number up to 32 every additional fields and 30 paise for4 fields subject to a minimum chage of 60 paise
|Taracing of tatima shajra
|15 paise for each field up to 32 fields and 30 paise for every additional 4 fields subject to a minimum charges of 60 paise.
|Preparation of plans called for by courts or officers in connection with civil and revenue suits
|15 paise for each field up to 32 fields and 30 paise for every additional fields subject to minimum charge of 60 paise
For the purposes of fee for copies or extracts from jamabandi in rent cases the total number of Khatauni holdings should be taken into account irrespective of the fact whether they are cultivated by the owner himself or by a tenant and in calculating the fee the number of khewats of which the extracts are given may be ignored .
Notes-(1) For extracts under Serial Nos 1 and 11 and plans under serial No. 23 if prepared in connection with the temprorary alienation of land in satisfaction of a decreee of a Civil Court the charges shall be subject to a maximum of Rs 15.00 in a single case irrespective of the fact whether the extracts are prepared from a jamabandi or khasra girdawari or both and whether or not they involve the preparation of plan.
(2) The patwaris shall not be entitled to retain any share in respect of copying and inspection fees. Consequently the fees thus realised should "IX –Land Revenue- B-Midc-Copying and Inspection Fee of patwaris record."
(3) Patwaris are forbidden to prepare and supply copies or extracts of papers not shown in the above table.
(4) List of co-shares shall not be prepared and supplied without the previous sanction of the Collectr unless required in connection with a revenue civil or criminal case.
(5) In the case of inspection of the patwari's record by Sub-Inspectors or Inspectors of Co-opertaive Societies under serial No. 20 the fee chargedd shall be 60 paise only and the whole amont will be deposited into Government Treasury.
(6) In the case of parcha books the whole fee so recovered shouls be credited into Government Tresury.
(ii) No fee for doing work for the state Government such as the preparation of ans extract from the revenue records to show the property owned by an absconding criminal shall be charged. Patwaris should however not be required to furnish such an extract without a special order of the Deputy Commissioner in each case and such an order of the should only be passed if the case is of real imprtance.
Copies required for public purposes by Public officers of the Central or State Government as defined in section 2(17) of the Code of Civil Procedure shall be supplied free of charge.
(iii) The Patwari is forbidden to give copies except on lithographic forms which are supplied to him. On the top of each of these forms the words "Receipt No." are printed . The number of the receipt handed over by the patwari to the applicant (paragraph 3.48(v) infra) should invariably be entered by the patwari . Where the entry receipt No. is not printed on the form the patwari should record this entry in his own hand and insert therein relevant receipt number. He should note in red ink in the copy of the jamabandi entry required by rule 15 of the rules under the Punjab Tenancy Act,all mutations affecting subsequent to the preparations of the jamabandi.
(iv) The account of fee realized by patwaris should be kept in the register in form P-XII given in appendix G,which will be supplied to them. The fee reakized by the patwari during the month should be deposited into the Treasury by the 10th of next month . The field kanungo should check the register every month when he goes to the patwaris circle and should sign it in token of his having done so. The tehsildar or the naib-tehsildar when inspecting the patwaris work should also check it. During September when the patwari comes to the tehsil he should bring the register with him for check by the tehsil wasilbaqi nawis.
(v) Supply of print ed copies fo re ceipt books for copying and in spection fees of parwaris records :- The patwari willo be supplied with a printed receipt book in trplicate in which every amount realized by him shall be relizes by him shall be recorded .One foil will be handedover to the payee and the second sent to the tehsil wasil bawui nawis baqi nawis through the field kanungo with the half yearly demnd statements. As soon as the receipt book is exhausted the patwri will return the counterfoils to the office kanungo and obtin from him a new receipt book in exchange.
3.48A - Supply of copies through value payable post :- (1) Any person wishing to obtain certified copies of revenue records from the patwari by value payable post (V.P.P) may apply to the patwari for this purpose giving sufficient information to enable the patwari to make out the copy provided a post office is located within the circle of the patwari. The application need not bear any court fee stamps. Only one application would suffice for any number of copies asked for. The patwari shall supply the required copies through value payable post (V.P.P) within four days of the receipt of application and shall charge the following charges in addition to those already prescribed under the rules for preparing copies of revenue records:-
(i) Postage charges by weight for the packet containing copies of revenue records to be sent.
(ii) Value payable post (V.P.P.) charge.
(iii) Registration fee.
(iv) Fifty Paises as remuneration for inconenience and extra work caused to him.
(2) The charges mentioned at (i) to (iv) above will be deemed as "other chartges" under section 98(a) of the Punjab Land Revenue when the packet containing copies of revenue records sent by value payable post is refused by an applicant.
3.48-B Receipt Books -
(1) Each parwari should have at a time only one receipt book bearing printed book and receipt number and only one copying fee register.
A requisition form as in the case of cheque books should be posted in the printed receipt book to enable the patwari to communicate his demand to the office kanungo well in time so that as soon the receipt book is exhausted, the former will return the counter foils to the latter and obtain from him a new receipt book in exchange which should contain a certificate from the Tehsildar that the receipt book contains so many certified No. of pages which are numbered in proper consecutive order.
(2) The office kanungo of the tehsil concerned should be held persinally responsible for the issue of receipt books and copying fee registers to patwaris. The patwaris should submit a report one month ahead through the field kanungo of the circle ,who should verfiy the report of the patwari and send it to the Tehsildar concerned . The Tehsildar should order the office kanungo to issue the copying fee register/receipt book to the patwari after satisfying himself that the ones issued previosly have been actualy exhausted and deposited with him and that accounts in this behalf have also been rendered by patwari.
(3) In case the patwari sends the exhausted register to tehsil office kanungo earlier than September before it is checked by the Wasil Baqi Nawis the tehsil offoice kanungo should hand over the said register to the patwari cencerned in the month of September when he comes to the Tehsil for filing the annual and quinquennial statement and jamabandis in the tehsil land records office and the latter should then get it checked by the Wasil Baqi Nawis and return the same to the office kanaungo .
(4) The patwari should also retain a copy of the entries of the Register made after the despatch of the last half yearly demand on account of copying and Inspection fee to the Tehsildar to enable him to prepare the demand for the next half yearly.
(5) A copying fee register should be issued only after a certificate has been recorded on it by a revenue officer to the effect that it contains so many pages and has been issued under his signature with the seal of the court.
(6) The office kanungo should keep a clear record of "Book Nos." of the receipt books issued to each patwari.
(7) The tehsil office kanungo should maintain a ledger account for each patwari in which should be recorded the number of receipt book issued to the patwari and the number of receipt issued by the patwari every half year. The latter information can be had from the second foils of received by th Wasil Bqi Nawis through the field kanungo with the half yeaarly demand statements. While posting receipt numbers in the ledger any gap in numbers should b viewed with suspicion and investigated immediately.
(8) Since the ledger account will be kept by the tehsil office kanungo any omission on his part in the observance of instruction relating to the issue of copying fee receipt books and registers and in the nmaintenance of ledger accounts should be viewed seriously and dealt with severly.
3.49 Entry in diary -
(i) The patwari should enter in his diary (a) the field numbers and khatas to which an extract applied for relates (b) the fees charged for the extract and (c) the name of person from whom charged. Inspecting officers should verify from time to time by enquiry from the parties concerned whether the sums entered in the diary were actually paid.
(ii) Copies of the schedules of rates to be charged for extracts etc. should be printed in Gurmukhi and distributed and broadcast in every village. The schedule should also contain a note to the effect that the applicant should insist on obtaining a receipt from the patwari for the amount paid and should see that the receipt number is given on the copy supplied to him and that any person who is required to pay for work for which no fee is prescribed or to make any excess payment should report the matter to the tehsidar .
(iii) A printed copy of the schedule should also be exhibited at parwarkhanas tehsils,Panchayargarhs,village schools and other places of public resort.
(iv) If a patwari fails to supply a copy of the revenue records or charges a fee in excess of the prescribed rate,didciplinary action shall be taken against him.
3.50 Payment into the treasury of fees realized for inspection of record and extracts granted therefrom (a) Each patwari should prepare a statement showing the fees realized from 1st April to 30th September and submit it to the field kanungo of hiscircle by the 10th of October. He should prepare a similar Statement for the period. 1st October to 31st March and send it on to the field kanaungo by the 10th of April . These statements will show the name of the village and the amount of fee recoverable during each month of the two periods noted above together with the total of the circle. When submitted these statements the patwari should note in the register maintained by him under the rules the dates of their submission together with the period to which they relate. The field kanungo should prepare a consolidated statement by villages giving the total of his circle and submit it to the tehsil wasil baqi mawis will see that the amount deposited by the patwari at the end of each month tallies with these statements.
(b) On receipt of those statements the tehsil wasil baqi nawis should prepare in duplicate a consolidated statement for the whole tehsil and submit it through the sadar wasil baqi nawis to the Collector for sanction so as to reach his office on the 15th November and 15th May at the latest. After obtaining the necessary sanction the sadar wasil baqi nawis should note the demand in his register and return the duplicate copy of the statement to the tehsildar by the end fo November and May at the latest. These statements will be attached to the qistbandi as demand statements of copying and inspection fees of patwaris records.
(c) The half yearly demand statements together with the receipt referred to in paragraph 3.48(v) supra will be destroyed after three years,while the books of counterfoils referred to in the presence of the whole tehsil that forms a part of the qistbandi, will be desrtoyed along with the latter,i.e. when the new settlement is sanctioned.